Today we are going to discuss some amazing dishwasher facts along with a load of other information regarding them too.
What is a Dishwasher?
In order to learn Dishwasher facts, we must first know about dishwashers themselves. A dishwasher is a machine which is used to clean and wash cookwares, dishes, cutlery or any other kitchen utensils. Since dishwashers help in saving time and physical energy, they are getting more popular around the globe day by day. An average dishwasher is 24 inches deep and operates at 130 to 140°F. Moreover, the mean price of a dishwasher is around 80,000 pkr.
How does a Dishwasher work?
Dishwashers have a relatively simple mechanism by which they operate. A dishwasher will merely use the detergent and hot water to distribute it all around, under and over the utensils to remove dirt. The water is then drained and the dishes are rinsed with fresh water to clean them efficiently. If you are interested in learning the mechanics behind a dishwasher, you can learn more about how dishwashers work.
How to use it?
You only need:
- Cleaning Detergent
- Water supply
After that you can follow the step by step procedure on how to operate a dishwasher:
- Load the top and bottom racks of the dishwashers. Make sure to load it only when there are enough dishes, using an empty dishwasher after short intervals can lead to wastage of energy and water.
- Make sure the dishwasher door is closed and nothing is blocking it.
- You can fill the detergent either in powder form or liquid form in the dishwasher.
- Select a wash cycle. There are normally 3 types of wash cycles.
This is for lightly soiled dishes and of course a quick wash. This type usually takes more energy and resources.
This is the most commonly used cycle. It is used for everyday dishwashing, for dishes which are not heavily stained and do not have stubborn dirt on them.
- Heavy Duty:
It is the load in which you can place the most soiled dishes. For example, cooking, pans and non-stick dishes. This cycle uses a relatively high temperature to rinse off the dishes.
You can select from the above mentioned cycles to choose which one sits the best for you considering the circumstances. You can use this guide to learn how to use a dishwasher properly, how to load it and which cycle you can choose for optimal performance.
Facts about Dishwashers:
There are a multitude of dishwasher facts which are interesting, debunk some myths related to dishwashers or are just funny. Some of them are listed here for you:
- Dishwashers were invented in 1887, but it was not until 1950 that dishwashers were made available to the public to buy. You can take a look if you want to know more about the invention of the dishwasher here.
- You can save more water by using dishwashers than by hand-washing.
- 96% of time you spend in the kitchen in pre and post washing can be saved.
- The new dishwashers are recyclable now.
- People just don’t use dishwashers to wash dishes. You can also use them to wash toothbrushes, hats, trainers and even cook salmon. People surely find unique ways to use accessories nowadays.
- Most dishwashers nowadays run at around 40dB. This is so silent that you can peacefully take a nap while it does your dishes for you!
- Contrary to popular belief, you should also clean dishwashers from time to time.
- Since dishwashers use hot water sprays, it is advised to prevent washing plastic items in it.
- A funny dishwasher fact related to our culture is that dishwashers are built in a way that they can clean the stains of non-stick pans and utensils to the heavy stains of our spices too. Such a cool thing right?
A good dishwasher is one which cleans efficiently, and saves you time. Similarly, dishwasher facts make you consider if you want a gadget like this one in your house.
Are you looking for How to Use Turmeric Balls And What Are The Benefits?